Monday, November 20, 2017

So Much to Post, So Little Time; Tons of Wax, TTM Return, Huge Contest Win Prize Arrives, Popping some Topps Gallery and Holiday Packs

Yikes!

I have so so much I want to post about. Each subject deserves its own post and I can't choose who gets to be highlighted first so this is going to be a LONG post. Everything from crazy gifts from Papa Jack, a contest prize too good to be true, TTM return(s),  and breaking into some of the new crap Topps is forcing down our throats...

 

Ouch, My Back!

Papa Jack has struck again. I have posted before of huge pieces of his collection that he has handed down to me. Well, he made his way over to deer camp and told me to "leave some room" in the car. He pulled in with a rubber tote weighing at least 80 lbs. of unopened wax boxes. It was all I could do to transfer it from his vehicle to mine. I can't hold the excited in so I had to post about this gift. I will be posting a much more in-depth look into this bucket of wonders soon. It definitely deserves its own post.




Open to trades on the dog and dinosaurs. Monster truck is PC.





Winner, Winner, Montreal Chicken Dinner

I enter a lot of contests. I win probably more than the average person but I was born on St. Patricks Day so I have a lucky edge. I follow an Instagram profile called @mlbgameusedbats that posts about game used bats in a much deeper way than just pics of a bat collection. This profile caught my eye with the bats but kept my eye when I read the posts. It dives into the pine tar patterns through player careers, lengths, weights, shapes, colors, materials, all kinds of different aspects of the game used bats and the signatures on them a lot of times. It is way more interesting than pics of bats.
I won a contest posted there for a GAME USED DELINO DESHIELDS BAT and was ecstatic and didn't believe it at first. I am a big fan of Delino Deshields Jr. Then the bat shows up and to my joyous surprise it is Delino Deshields Sr.'s bat! It says EXPOS right on it! An unbelievable piece of baseball history is now mine. Please give @mlbgameusedbats a follow, it will be worth your while in many ways!




Love me some Canadian anything! Don't watch the shaky cell phone video, just close your eyes and listen to the two most talented Canadians (husband and wife by the way) perform together.

 

 

TTM RETURN(S)

I have been investing in JaCoby Jones for a while now. Who knows if it will pay off but he has given us some memorable moments as Tiger Fans nonetheless. I sent to him 3 separate times during spring training for a signature and this week got all three back!


Great additions to my Jones PC!

 

 

New Topps Crap 

I was so excited to see Topps Gallery make a comeback but am kind of disappointed I don't have a RC to chase in it. They left out a lot of players in the set and I don't want to buy a box of cards simply for trade bait so I bought one pack of Gallery and a blaster box of Topps Holiday. I didn't get into Holiday at all previously and have only received last years snowflake cards in trades. I could probably do the same this year but I opted for a box since it boasted one auto/relic per. Every card here is available if anyone needs them. I have a ton of Holidays that aren't shown sitting around now too if anyone needs a certain player's common. Here is what I pulled:


Definitely a pack of Gallery made for a Houston fan, not a Tiger fan. Bregman is the man though so the variation RC is pretty sweet. Who didn't root for Biggio? The box of frost cards shown below was probably meant for a Rockies fan as its two better cards are chilled out players who can handle the cold Rocky Mountain air.

My schparklees. All available!

RC's

RC's

Schparklee RC!

The "hit". At least its not just a white patch. Available.

RC's

 

 

?MYSTERIES IN COLLECTING? Oooooooooh

I have two mysteries to present this post. I cannot for the life of me figure out what the hell happened in both situations. See if you can help:

FIRST:

The bottom card is signed on both sides. Both look to be JaCoby Jones-ish signatures. What the hell happened? I sent the card unsigned on both sides. I have seen this card on ebay signed by both dudes so he should be familiar with this card at this point. Does he have a ghost signer who doesn't know what Jones actually looks like and caught the error only after signing over poor Dustin "never heard from again" Molleken? Hmmmmmm very strange. Its now a 1/1 up on ebay for $3094.74 with 33 bids, 17 watchers and 13 hours left if you want in. JK.

SECOND:

This snowflakeless card came out of the holiday box. I thought maybe it is a Series 1 or 2 that was snuck in much like the Update boxes. It, however, is numbered like a holiday card. The code on the bottom is consistent with Holiday common cards. What the hell happened? Was this card on the top of the top pack too close to the lamps in the store and the snow melted? It can also be found on ebay under 1/1's too hot to snow down. Happy bidding. JK.


2 comments:

  1. I was going to congratulate you getting both signatures for the Topps Heritage rookie card... oops, I should have looked closer at the autos! No clue what happened there!
    I believe the Winker card is the no-snow Holiday Mega parallel. J/K... not really sure, but wouldn't that be something if I was right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found your blog, good stuff, will add you to my favs!

    ReplyDelete