Sunday, November 5, 2017

POST 100: Better make it good.

www.scribbledInc.blogspot.com  IT IS!

 

You found me!

My Name the Blog contest gave me the new title "Scribbled Ink," welcome. Unfortunately too many tween girls have taken all the good url addresses that would have applied to this blog better and Blogger has a lazy strict I mean privacy protocol to allow blogs that were made and have never made a post or haven't posted in 10 years to stay inactive and claimed. I hope all my friends from my old address were able to find me at www.scribbledinc@blogspot.com, it was the best I could do. Since I'm going all in with the new digs I decided to take this thing public and have added twitter (@scribble4me) and instagram (@scribble4me) to the arsenal to generate some fresh trade partners and friends. Feel free to add me on those apps and bookmark this new page.

TTM Returns? Yes, PLEASE!

Juan Gonzalez was good for one. He's a top notch signer! He was the man in Texas, I pretend he was never a Tiger.

Another former Tiger. He will live in Cleveland Indian lore for generations. I always respected Rajai Davis's game. I wish it had been a Tigers card but A&G crushed it with this card as it begged to be scribbled on. This makes me 25/136 signed for the year with 96 still floating around in space. I have some non-baseball cards to send out and need to get on that to keep it around 100 floaters.

 TTM Soap Box is coming up...feel free to skip.


Unfortunately, baseball is a business right down to fan interactions of past players. Companies are scooping up athletes left and right and are exploiting their fan base. I would rather my card not get returned ever and leave me with 1% hope than send a donation request back to me. I get it; guys are busy and get a lot of requests but we are all human right? I took time and money to send a letter of appreciation and a card to him for a signature to send back in a SASE. I'm not going all millennial thinking I deserve someone's time and effort but its guys like me that buy the tickets and branded crap that pays them to keep their jobs. Thats at least one way to look at it as lame as it sounds.

Its a strange thing; grown men asking other men, sometimes younger than them, for an autograph. For me, its nostalgic, fun, and keeps me busy. I sent to everybody at the Tigers this year including coaches. So it wasn't as if I was dying for Lloyd's auto, I just thought it would be cool to get the coaches and like sending personal notes to them to let them know I appreciate their work. I don't see a time when I would ever pay anything let alone $15 for Lloyd McClendon's signature. I like the guy and root for his success in whatever position he works but I do not need his ink that bad. Sad.

2017 Topps Fire Target Blaster Break

I have been avoiding spending money on Topps Fire or Update since I am not chasing Bellinger or Judge cards and those are the buyers these products pander to. I have however bought one blaster of each. I noticeably did not receive either hot rookies in the boxes which is probably all for the better as I would just trade them away. Here are the highlights of what melted out of the box for me:

All of this is for trade just check with me on availability.


Hey, two PC guys!

Rookie Davis obviously has the coolest name in baseball. Well, maybe had the coolest name now that he no longer is a rookie. I guess he'll always be a Rookie.


Boone really needed to be included in this set...NOT. More Yankee pandering for the New Yorker who would have opened this Judgeless box.


Bryant, Trout, Goldy, Kershaw are all promised and heading out tomorrow.
I have no clue what the difference is in any of these cards! I won't even pretend to. I am guessing the Gold ones are good. Here is the only actual numbered card out of the box:

How can a guy have a baseball card blog and not mention the Babe until Post 100?! Blasphemy!
Numbered /25 thats not bad.

Feebay pickup

I honestly didn't know this set existed. They are very cool and hope to add the rest of my PC guys to my collection soon. I got this beaut for $1.49 to my door with tracking.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Love the new title. How long ago did you send to Juan Gone? I was going to write him again but wasn't sure about mail in PR at the moment. Also, if that golden Correa is still available, let's swap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a successful re-branding!

    ReplyDelete