Thursday, September 7, 2017

TTM Returns and a MEGA TRADE


TTM Returns!

I knew I had a boat load of PWE's waiting for me at my return address. I also knew 90% of them were donation requests from the Tig's. I will post about that another time. Within these Tiger let downs were a few really great returns! Check it out:

Spencer Turnbull was the first Tiger player I ever pulled from a pack of draft pick cards. I have high hopes for him and hope to see him dominate next spring and make a run at a spot on the team.

The bow-tied bandit Ken Rosenthal hooked me up. There are a lot of TV personalities I change the channel on but Rosenthal knows his stuff and is a delight to watch. Have you ever seen MLB Whiparound?! Nick Swisher and Dontrelle Willis make me wanna throw my TV out the window. I don't have regular cable so this is the only sports show I can watch specific to baseball. Sometimes I'm watching it and it seems like an SNL skit its so bad.

BOOM! Lance Parrish threw some sharpie down on his '78 rookie card for me through the mail. I wish I could have gotten it in person but at least I am one more away from my '78 Rookie Project. With Trammell signing publicly and locally later this month I should be able to put this baby to bed. I can always pick up another Parrish RC and hold on to it for an in person signature and replace this one. I sent him some details about the display I was making. He probably could care less. So great of him to sign for me.

SUPER-ULTRA-MEGA TRADE!


I don't have a lot of high dollar cards and if I did I would probably keep them if they were PC or sell them safely on ebay to buy something I liked. I usually only trade low dollar and junk wax so that I don't get taken (which happens when I trade with non-bloggers). But, I had a Justin Verlander MLB authenticated sweet spot signed ball I bought back in 2007 for $40 at Comerica Park and a lot of guys on a local facebook group were looking for one. Apparently they are relatively rare. So I decided I have a JV ball I got signed at a game that means more to me than the one I bought so I would put it out there. I found a buyer quickly but he was unable to come up with the funds. I stuck with him as he was in the midst of buying a house and moving. I watched him try to sell many items on the facebook group to get the funds to buy my ball. Finally, he offered a trade for this Verlander book. I have a ton of signed baseballs. They all sit in a rubbermade tub stacked in their cubes because I have a toddler and a dog that would love to play with them and they take up way more room to display than cards. At one point I actually thought about quitting cards and only going after balls. But balls don't age well. The ball itself can get age marks or the signature can fade. There are too many variables. Anyway, I decided to trade the guy my ball for this book. I am still glad I did. This book is gorgeous and represents JV for me more than that ball did. It is probably the most valuable card I own now. I love it.

2 comments:

  1. That book is sweet - no denying that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sitting on a Jets Pizza box makes it look that much classier!

      Delete