Friday, September 1, 2017

Tigers Lose 2 Justin's and 2 Upton's


Goodbye Mr. and Mrs. Verlander

I am not as bitter as most Tiger fans just a little confused and very disappointed. I am a big fan of players playing for one organization their whole career. Like Al Kaline and Cal Ripken Jr.; they are faces for their franchise. I thought Verlander was going to be one of those guys. Now I don't know if he will even wear the D into the hall. What a bummer. Here is my favorite JV piece I own. It is a picture I took during batting practice in 2007. I had him sign it when I saw him at the first Tigerfest I went to, before the event became a crap show. I dream of someday having Mags and Jim Leyland add their ink to it. I just shake my head. You would think Verlander would continue to make the Tigers money in ticket sales alone now and in future endeavors as the Mr. Tiger for the next generation.

J UP is long gone

I had just recently come around to feeling Justin Upton is an all star caliber player and a cool guy to collect. I wasn't able to get a signature from him the whole time he was with the Tigers but I did get some decent cards. I will miss his bat in the line up. Thank goodness we still have Ian Kinsler one of my favorites but I feel really bad for him having to be in Detroit. He deserves to play for a championship team not just in the WBC.

Maybe I will run into J Up in the card show circuit in 2025.




No comments:

Post a Comment