Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Blog Bat Around: What I Collect and 2 TTM Returns!

I don't think any of this information is new to anyone but I gotta get in on a blog bat around. Most of what I collect is listed under the tab on my page. A few things I collect that may not be obvious would be:
  • Provisions/Art Cards, any of the beautiful cards of the 80's and 90's that somebody painted instead of a photo
  • 5x7 cards and even 8x10 cards. They look so great signed.
  • Game used and autographed balls, bats, equipment
  • Great photos, historic and vintage photos of baseball 
I don't really have any collecting projects going on currently. I should have my Tigers '78 Rookies project wrapped up at the end of April and will post the crap out of it then. Most of my current projects are sorting stuff and uploading as much as possible to The Trading Card Database. I am on there as pjdionne12 so add me and check out my trade stuff.

 

 Tigers

I collect mostly Tigers but dabble in all Detroit sports teams. I haven't started but hope to get all my Tigers in order and make team sets for each year. I probably have a ton completed but don't have the time just yet to start sorting them. For now, I stare at them for a period of time when I receive them and then they go in the box to be sorted...someday soon.






TTM Autographs/In-person Autographs

A big reason I am so into Dimeboxes at card shows is to find the perfect card to send to one of my favorite players. I have a lot of strong ideas about TTM autograph collecting that I try to hold my tongue about like sending more than one card and sending to just any old player because they sign. I chose each card and player very specifically that hopefully illustrates the player the way I want to remember them.




Anybody born mid-1980's that doesn't collect Canseco?

PC Guys

I collect a lot of players. They are listed in a tiered format in my "What I Collect" tab. Really any 1990's star that I find I keep. JaCoby Jones, Mike Hessman, and Mark Fidrych right now are the guys I focus on a little more. Brandon Inge, James McCann, Michael Fulmer, Nick Castellanos, Omar Vizquel, Rey Ordonez, Jim Thome, Jose Canseco, Cecil Fielder, Nolan Ryan, Roger Clemens, Pedro Martinez, Joba Chamberlain, Rick Ankiel, Brent Clevlen, Jaret Wright, Kenny Lofton, and Joe Carter are mostly guys I grew up collecting with some newer names mixed in. I have a lot more listed under the tab and collect guys that aren't even listed if its a cool card. I should probably list the guys I hate instead. Don't send me: AJ Pierzynski, Nelson Cruz, Aaron Judge, Mike Napoli, and there's more I can't think of right now. If you send me a Pierzynski card I will return the ashes to you.






Lefty passed away last week. He touched a lot of lives through fishing.

Fishing/Hunting/Outdoors

Hunting and Fishing are my other passions so when I get to mix all of my hobbies together I am in cardboard heaven. I collect any cards depicting fish, fishing, hunting, or game on them and any card of an athlete hunting or fishing. Most of what I was finding was old Tobacco style cards but recently Allen and Ginter and Goodwin Champions have given this collection a real shot in the arm. I still collect any Allen and Ginter 2017 fish cards I can as I take them to professional fishing competitions to get them signed.

  

2 TTM Returns



The Kyle Ryan I sent out last spring training. The Taylor Davis came back in two weeks. Its funny for a guy who became popular via viral video of him staring at cameras, he of course is looking somewhere else for his RC.


3 comments:

  1. You're the third Tigers fan I've found on the blogosphere; right up there with the Cubs and Red Sox.

    I will never get tired of seeing that Victoria Justice card. What a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you. i just added the Justice card myself.

      Delete
  2. Sweet Thome! You don't see too many of his autographs around.

    ReplyDelete