Monday, March 19, 2018

I Met Another Blogger

When I met Dennis from the blog Too Many Verlanders at the local card show he was holding what I thought was a bag of purchases he had made that day. Little did I know he had been lugging around a sack of goodness for me that would make Santa jealous. First, let it be known; if I send you a package without setting up a trade it does not need retaliation. I often send small packages to bloggers I enjoy just as another way to let them know they are appreciated. We need to support each other as we have all felt the blog-burnouts from time to time and I don't want to see anybody quit the game.
Anyway, to say Dennis "one upped" me would be an understatement. I usually don't remember what I send to people. Such is the case here but I hope it gave him close to as much joy as his bag of goodies gave me. Look at the haul I took home from the card show from what Dennis generously gave me:
(I apologize for the horrible scan job, I wanted to get a post up ASAP)

Growing up my brother and I worshiped Kenny Lofton. I have never had a Lofton auto ever. This thing is PC for life! Who was cooler than Kenny Lofton in the 90's?

I can still recall sitting on my parents' bed watching Kerry Wood throw his 20K game on WGN. This is my first Wood auto too!


Chris Shelton was a beast for like 3 weeks in 2006. I will never forget him or that season.

My first black jersey relic of JJ. So sweet!

A bunch of new Big Daddy cards for the PC.

Take a closer look at this gem!
I have had this 5x7 on my ebay watch list for months. Look at that, I didn't even have to pay shipping on it. Pretty stoked for this one.

That gold Inge card is so sweet I wish I could have it in poster size!

Look at all the Boesch RC's! I think I only had one of these. The teal is even numbered and the diamond anniversary is the best.

Two Grayson Greiner cards for the investment pile. Anytime I can get a Joba in the Old English D its a good day!

JJ's for days! All PC!

Dennis hit me from every collection angle with cards, oversized pieces and even figures! Check out this Megatron relic/card standee.

Two Fidrych cards I needed!

Casty on the board

These two cards together are awesome Both gold #'ed, sequential years, both homerun derby shots, and both PC all the way.

I've always said when somebody sends me Rey Ordonez cards they dug deep and deserve something nice in return for their efforts. Needed both of these for the PC as they are rare refractors.

Crazy Robbie Alomars. These aren't even all of them!

Salty is back with Detroit in a way. I am happy to see that and super happy to add these cards to the Salty book!

Scherzer cards by the pound including over a dozen of the SI for kids card bottom left. I have to believe those aren't all that easy to find.

8x10 of Tony the Tiger. Now do I get it signed? It looks nice the way it is and his auto's are a scribbled mess. Hmm.
Looky here. The black box version! I think I only need the white box and the scribbled version for the set!
Jim Thome SLU in his Indians gear! The only way I'd want it. So awesome. This guy will be staring at me next to my monitor for all my posts to come!


As you can see, Dennis is a crazy generous guy and one of the best bloggers around too. If you aren't following him yet, do it now : TOO MANY VERLANDERS or his other blog TOO MANY MANNINGHAMS for football stuff. Thank you very much Dennis, I hope this measly post illustrated how grateful I am for all the great stuff.

7 comments:

  1. An autograph of former Yankee Kenny Loften?! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're forgetting former Yankee Kerry Wood!

      Great meeting you, Paul, and I'm looking forward to seeing you at the show I prefer in Taylor! And don't forget you sent me some great stuff, then gave me more before I had sent you anything.

      Delete
  2. were you gentlemen at the Troy show this weekend? I finally made it out there. Great cards here but I'm loving the Lineup. Thome is one of the few 90s guys I still keep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You guessed it Julie. I had home field advantage this time. We are going to try to meet up in Taylor Town next show.

      Delete
  3. That was quite a haul! I'd probably be too nervous to go through with it, but I can imagine that meeting another blogger would be pretty neat... and doubly so, were it to be at a card show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool that you got to hang with Dennis. I'd love to meet him one day and personally thank him for all of the cool stuff he's given me over the years. Are you going to Dare to Tear that Zenith Higginson?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's already opened. I am in it for the jumbo card more.

      Delete