Thursday, March 8, 2018

Do You Trade PC cards for PC cards? & Luke Kennard In Person Autograph

What To Do, What To Do...

I was contacted on facebook by a fellow Tigers Collectible group member who remembered me winning a Razz containing a JaCoby Jones #1/3 memorabilia card asking if I was willing to trade it. He himself had just found #2/3 and we both missed out on #3/3 being sold on ebay last week for a mere $19! Damn it. Out of respect for the hobby, I let the guy make me offers for the card. It was worth much more than $19 to me even if market value of the last one sold was at a steal of a price. I did not want to part with it, BUT; I respect the guy trying to complete the set of 3 cards. He offered me something my collection has lacked: Jose Canseco scribbled ink. Out of the goodness of my heart and making him swear to do whatever it takes to complete the 3/3 set, I accepted the trade. I was sad to see that card go but overjoyed to finally have a Canseco auto. On the plus side when Jones tanks and all my PC of him is worthless I can look back on this trade happily. If he becomes the GOAT I only got rid of one card.

Out with the old,

In with the new!

Detroit Piston and Duke Alumnus Luke Kennard 

It is always a treat to hand a guy a card to have signed and have them comment on never having seen it before. It has happened a few times to me and though I know I will not be the only person on Earth to have a certain card signed, it feels cool to be the first. Dunham's Sports in Westland Michigan brought in Rookie Luke Kennard for a free public signing. Nolan and I waiting about 45 minutes in line to meet him and have him sign this rookie card I got from a break a few months ago. He was a super nice guy. I would compare his potential from what I have seen from his play as that of JJ Reddick. I hope his playing time increases soon.

After getting the signature I had to buy Nolan a Tigers hat like mine and I grabbed a 99 cent 4 card pack of Topps Archives from the impulse buy section. I got a sweet Buck Farmer RC I hadn't had:


3 comments:

  1. I don’t think I’ve made a trade quite like that, but have on a smaller scale. Cool to have the Canseco!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Canseco auto is a fine addition to your collection, even at the cost of the Jacoby auto. Plus, you had to have built up some good karma helping out another collector. Good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you guys tend to be up too. This sort of clever work and coverage!
    Keep up the awesome works guys I've included you guys to
    my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete