Thursday, June 6, 2019

Like a Cracked Bat Over the Head: Buried in Want List Cardboard

Please forgive me Julie for taking so long with this post, 'tis Tee-ball season.







A Cracked Bat

Julie runs the blog: A Cracked Bat: Baseball Cards and a Hot Dog. She chases the old English D along with John, Dennis and me. Recently, she gave me a heads up that a "small" box was headed my way. Her idea of a "small" box was a huge chunk of my wantlist from TCDB which we are both members of. I took some pictures but there was way too much goodness in this box for the few pics I took to do it any justice. This box had everything!


I have had the backer that these pins go on since 2007 and I think I have a Brandon Inge and Jim Leyland pin floating around here somewhere. These three are a wonderful addition and motivation to get this pin collection completed. 

Stick 'Ums and ProVisions. Be still my heart. 

Sweet Nolan Ryan from the year before I was born. 

Some thick cardstock of a couple former Tiger aces.

This is just some of the Ty Cobbs in the box. I needed the Masterpieces for the set I am working on. 

The Cecil Fielder gold signature is one of my favorite cards now. 

Two things I love; unscratched game cards and Jim Thome!

I saw Edmonds was going to be at the National but thought $60 was a little steep for me to give up box digging time for him. Especially when I can probably buy an Edmonds auto for less. BUT, then I saw the 1990 All Star card. I need some ink on that thing! And yes, that is a relic card.

Vintage Tigers!

Relics and Ink! I've needed a Tanana auto for a long time.
Omar Vizquel relic with the Indians. Amazing card!
Thank you so much for thinking of me and dropping these awesome cards on my Julie! Make sure everybody checks out her blog, tracks her down on Twitter, and friends her on Trading Card Database. You just might find yourself buried in wantlist cardboard.


High Quality TCDB Trade!

Check out this 7 card trade package I received in a recent Trading Card Database trade:

I apparently have an affinity towards highly skilled 3rd basemen i.e. Arenado, Chapman, B. Anderson...



I am usually not a fan of manufactured relics but this card is awesome in person.


Here are some other recent pickups:

Finally found Walgreens cards. (Now that nobody wants them). The two cards above made their way into my PC and I have  a stuck loaded onto TCDB for trade. 4 hanger boxes opened and not one yellow RC. 

The Paredes is from a TCDB trader who originally sent me a PWE that showed up owing $3.11. It made up for it!

I pulled the weirdest messed up Stadium Club card the other day. For ripples across the front. Never seen that before. #ebay1/1

Picked up some basketball on a whim looking for Pistons or Doncic cards. Got one.

Also pulled the lowest numbered card of the year so far for me. /10!

TTM Return!

This year has been one of the worst for TTM returns. It seems MLB players have given up on it. Matt Davidson did hook me up though. I saw this sweet looking card and thought it could use a scribble. 



Topps Home Run Challenge


It looks like the Home Run Challenge winners for April are about to roll out. Notice however, my May winner Ohtani says April...hmmm; he didn't play in April. We shall see what shows up.

3 comments:

  1. That's a "small" box? After seeing all of these goodies I'm officially pushing for the nickname "Generous Julie" to catch on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie hasn't been messing around. She's been sending out some very cool care packages as of late. I would totally back the nickname Chris has created for her.

      Delete
    2. "Generous Julie" it is. Shortened from Sends-Way-To-Much-And-All-The-Best-Cards-Straight-From-Your-Wantlist Julie. I will also accept Julie from the Blog as an acceptable nickname for her.

      Delete