Thursday, April 19, 2018

One Million Cubs?! & LOTS of Recent Additions


 I Am Alive

Well, its my turn to have the "Blogging Yips" where I can't get myself to sit down and post or find the time to. Unfortunately, my hobby activity is probably at an all time high right now and I have too much to post about and can't; or won't. I am not sure which. This post will be blog-vomit but enjoy the pics.
I have succumb to twitter trading. It seems I am always one step behind. As soon as I got this blog back up and running and found and friended other bloggers for trades it seemed they all started trading via twitter and trading via blogger went stale. I finally have made the jump to posting and looking for cards on twitter and that is one reason this blog has been a ghost town. The other reason is that I have a good grasp on how The Trading Card Database works now and have completed 2 trades and have 5 processing right now. I love it. I will have a post coming up soon on tips for getting more trade offers on there.

 

 

WARNING: @onemillioncubs Is Hoarding Shawon Dunston Cards


@onemillioncubs is owned/operated by Beau Thompson and has a website (www.onemillioncubs.net) and I am sure you can guess his collecting goal by the name. I had been watching his twitter from the shadows for a long time and finally reached out to him for a trade. We swapped 650 Cubs for 650 Tigers. It was a great trade for both of us. I recommend trading with Beau if you have a bunch of team sorted junk wax sitting around. Its for a good cause and I got a lot of great cards not just team set fillers.

Beau threw in a /299 Verlander and the Kaline variation from 2018 Donruss.

EBAY BUCKS Y'ALL!

I had enough Ebay bucks to get this sweet Omar Vizquel Detroit card for half price. See it in all it's glory below:




Speaking of Vizquel

I paid my favorite Ebay breaker a visit and bought into a 4 case player break of 2018 Topps Tribute for Omar Vizquel and Michael Fulmer and then a 4 case player break of 2018 Diamond Kings for Jacoby Jones. I have come a long way from a junk wax collector in a very short time. Never dreamed I would be holding cards like this. Here is the haul:








TRADES!

The Trading Card Database has been my best friend lately. pjdionne12 is my profile if you want to browse my stuff or be friends.

Courtesy user name:  alanschwarz





Via NACHOS GRANDE


 

Via Kenneth Kizzer on Facebook:



Via Collin J Rae on Facebook:



Via @connorkelly4222 twitter:



 VIA Wallgreens and Rite Aid $5 boxes"

Pretty sweet "game used" relic /150 shows Angels, says Red Sox



Via Ebay:




Via TTM:


Via Target box:





6 comments:

  1. Lots of great cards here, nice to see you're able to make so many trades when you're not blogging. I'm even further behind than you, I don't do twitter and I'm not on TCDB yet because I'm just getting settled into blogging. I'd like to blog/trade more, but cant seem to finf any time to post lately.

    That said, I have an Omar Vizquel I can trade, if you're interested. Got it at a card show about a month ago. Let me know if you need it: https://thepedestriancollector.blogspot.com/2018/03/four-for-four-card-show-sunday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure have been getting a lot of neat stuff lately! It's kind of interesting to see that there are so many newer products with Omar Vizquel autos in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's in EVERYTHING. The market is getting a little flooded with his ink. At this point its a quality vs quantity game.

      Delete
  3. Oh man... thanks for reminding me to spend my eBay bucks. Need to find something special to buy. Congratulations on the player breaks. Looks like you scored big time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't looked at The Trading Card Database or dipped my toe into the Twitter trading pool just yet. Good for you for branching out! Maybe someday I'll be as adventurous.

    ReplyDelete