Friday, July 26, 2019

NSCC "The National" Prep - Who's going? Can I borrow some money?


I am hitting my first national show in about a week. My brother and I are coming getting into town Thursday evening, staying down the road and hitting the show all day Friday and Saturday, and coming home after. Is it normal to feel like I will have the least amount of spending money in my pocket? I think I am just the type of person that feels unprepared and under-gunned in this type of situation. I can dig a local card show for 3 hours and spend $5 and I have more than that at least. Are any other bloggers going?

Can I borrow some money? Lol. If anybody who isn't scraping up nickels to go to the show is taking advantage of all the panic-priced cards right now; let me know players/teams you are interested in and I can show you what I have. Paypal preferred. Also, don't give me a shopping list. Dennis is the only one I will accept that from. Trust me, if I treat this show like the others I will end up buying 90% trade bait and a handful of cards for myself.

If anyone is familiar with the Rosemont area and knows the of some cheap parking hit me up. Our hotel wants $32 a night to park. That is a lot of cards. I am thinking the bus station might be better as it is cheaper and between the show and our hotel. If anybody has a better idea PLEASE let me know.

Recent Pick Ups

Despite trying to squeeze every penny for gas, food, lodging, and entertainment for my trip to the National, I have had some decent cards show up lately.




Solak was a retail pack pull, Blue JaCoby is 01/75, B&W Stewart is 50/50 so a couple cool numered cards. 

Baker is /50.

The Flair is /100 and awesome!

Totally impressed with how fast these Stewie redemptions got to me from Topps. 


4 comments:

  1. Sweet pickups! I love the Leather & Lumber Stewart and I'm still a sucker for Showcase like that Ordonez. Man do those scan nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spy a Whalers card! These are some nice looking hits. I've never been to the National and I've only been to the Chicagoland area once, but hopefully someone can give you some tips for traveling, parking, shopping, etc. Hope you have a great time and find some great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't done it myself, but a friend once parked in a cheap lot at O'Hare and took the train in to the convention center. I remember them saying it wasn't very difficult. It might be something to look into, but I think your bus station idea seems to be similar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. $32 to park? Add another reason I won't be attending a National anytime soon. Have fun though!

    ReplyDelete