Friday, April 5, 2019

Topps Home Run Challenge 2019, Laughable Collectors, and MLB the Show '19


I have a bunch of pictures and thoughts bouncing around so: Blog Vomit in 3...2...1...

TOPPS HOME RUN CHALLENGE 2019



Topps Home Run Challenge is back and I am hitting it HARD. I am sitting 2 for 5 right now with my winners pictured above. I almost got screwed with a Yankee rainout but luckily they played. ALWAYS CHECK THE WEATHER BEFORE PLAYING A CODE! I have 12 more cards to play and more on the way. Please think of me if you have one of these cards and want to swap it for something better OR hit me up if you want my thoughts on when to play your code. I was stupid and thought March would get its own card so I played 5 cards quickly to get them in before April. As soon as I came to my senses I looked and like I suspected; Topps lumps March/April together. So much for low numbered cards. These guys homer every frickin day.


STUPID SHIT "COLLECTORS" SAY




The Judge/Bellinger/Ohtani/Doncic get rich quick rushes from 2017-now are still impacting hobby newbs who expect every pack to hold a hit worth 5X the pack. Ugh, the entitlement. I don't think I see this crap posted from guys who collected through the 80's and 90's, we are just glad to not get doubles in a single pack. I love that he spent $400 on cards from Walmart.


Above is what an ebay breaker puts in all his posts. My word.


Oh, Come On!


This is what I received from the order I placed using the $3 ebay coupon last week. No joke! WTF! This shit only happens to me. I refused the card and now the seller says he hasn't got it back yet. Here we go...

Love Fox Sports Detroit jinxing their own guy thinking it will gain watchers who are channel flippers. Of course J-Zimm lost it just after this. 

The Tigers prices on game used baseballs from opening day. Like I tweeted; they are finding a way to pay that Miggy contract. No way in hell I (or hopefully anybody else) is paying hundreds of dollars for a dirty baseball with a sticker! Auto balls are a fraction of those prices with those dude's scribbles on them. I bought a Blake Snell pitched to Victor Martinez ball from the stadium last year for $35. It wasn't opening day but those guys are better than most the list above. Don't get me started on the bat prices (Cabrera $3500). Disgusting. 

Love it. Love him.

Recent Additions


TCDB trade.

TCDB trade. My favorite hockey card of all time!

Trying to flip this one. 


Pulled this and selling right now. Gotta get that spending money for The National.

I have my first wallet card. This Bird card I snagged from a dimebox at the last show. It deserved a better life. 

The Show 2019



I broke down and bought the show. Its as good as its always been. The addition of Mark DeRosa and Heidi Watney are terrific.

6 comments:

  1. $3 short on shipping? $400 at Wal-Mart? Man... some major eye rolls in there.
    Love the Joey Wendle card... didn't know he was in the Indians farm system.
    You're right about collecting in the 80s and 90s... I am just glad to buy a pack/blaster/box and get decent collation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a few bloggers talking about the Home Run cards, but nobody ever mentions what it is that you get if you do end up winning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://scribbledinc.blogspot.com/2018/09/topps-home-run-challenge-winners.html Last year's winnings. You also get entered to win a trip to home run derby or something. But cards of the person you guessed correctly with in a different color for the month, numbered out of however many others guessed correctly that month too.

      Delete
  3. Somebody dropped $400 on Heritage retail? This is the first year in a long time I've seen Heritage blasters on my Target shelves and I haven't been tempted once. They weren't the $40 mega boxes, but even if they were, I wouldn't bother. The word "entitlement" is being used more than ever. I bet my friends and I used a variation of that word at least 3x a week to describe this generation's students. It's kinda sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. venting is healthy! there is a nitch for crazies in our hobby which apparently includes a few who like to clear off retail shelves. I have a feeling we won't have a meet n greet anytime soon. I was in Taylor today for probably my last show for awhile but did it up right with a purchase of 2000+ dime cards. I'll be putting the cards set aside for you in the mail in the near future and will not send them postage due! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! There is so much I like about you venting in this post. Consequently there is so much I dislike about certain people in this world after reading what you found in our hobby.

    ReplyDelete