Friday, March 29, 2019

BIG POST: Too Many Verlanders, Not Enough Card Shows


BASEBALL IS BACK! and so is Lauren. 😎


MARCH CARD SHOW 



I am so lucky to reside in Michigan, home to the best card bloggers on Earth. Dennis from Too Many Verlanders  is one of my favorite bloggers and all around awesome guy. He must ask me to meet him at card shows 30 times for every one time I am able to go. Lucky for me, he still asks and we were able to meet up at my local show. As usual he brought me a big bag of goodies, including (above) this Nolan Ryan fascimile auto baseball for Nolan. As usual I owe Dennis a ton of better cards and need to venture into finding him some non-card goodies too. He brought me a Canseco SLU and a stack of cards including a ton of Thome #'ed cards, Tigers, everything I like.


This is my card show haul and stuff from Dennis. It was a great day. Always a good time when I get to hang out with other bloggers. Not sure if I even qualify as a blogger being that I post so rarely nowadays. A closer look below. Now Dennis is the kind of guy that searches a dollar box while you search a nickel box and says "I can't find anything else in here. Find a couple cards you want so I can get the deal." Who does that? Crazy generous. Sorry Dennis if your inbox gets flooded with card show invitations.





WALLET CARD 2019


This is my first wallet card. Dennis saw me find it in a dime box at the show. It deserved some attention. 

BIG NEWS!



My wife bought me tickets and hotel accommodations for me and my brother to go to the National this year! I get overwhelmed in the little card shows I go to locally. My head is going to spin for a long time at this one. Now to sell everything I own for spending $! 

HOF TTM Returns!



Great Pull




I dabble in all cards. I pulled this Collin Sexton auto from a Target 3 pack hanger. If you look on the back and sides of the card you can see some random sharpie marks from when he was signing them. I don't think I have ever seen that before. Just my luck it probably makes it worth less money instead of being the high dollar ebay 1 of 1. 

The other strange thing I had happen was buying a hanger pack of Topps Opening Day from Meijer which states 3 exclusive cards inside. Mine only came with 1 purple inside instead of 3. Anybody else have this issue? It was a Touki RC so I am not super upset. 



Topps Home Run Challenge Time!



This picture is from a TCDB trade. I only traded for the 4 Home Run Challenge cards but the dude sent all this! I have Bryce Harper for my first code uploaded hitting a home run tomorrow (03/30/2019). Wish me luck. I have close to 20 of these challenge cards right now and am working on getting more. I love them. I finally got my hands on an Ichiro RC through a TCDB trade too!




THRIFT STORE FIND

I see guys finding cards at thrift stores on Twitter all the time. I rarely find anything and probably look at the 4 shops on the way to my son's school once a week. I did find this bobble the other day though. If anyone needs it hit me up. 






FIRST HOBBY FAILS 2019

This is NOT how you package a single card.
Front

Back 
 Kudos to the Tigers broadcast team for jinxing J-Zimm.


Fail goes to the guy who put this card I found in his quarter box last year. Just sold it on ebay for 100X that.




6 comments:

  1. The 1 purple foil per blister pack is a known issue to Topps. If you still have the receipt, submit a missing card request to Topps and they should be able to give you the missing 2 cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I figured that might be the case. Too bad I have to destroy the evidence and hide the receipts from my wife.

      Delete
  2. I've only been to one National and that was in 2006 in Anaheim. It was so awesome! My kids and I didn't even go near the autograph section and we still saw a few players in the dealer aisles. The card company booths were awesome too (got a bunch of Topps pre-production cards and my daughter won a Fleer T-shirt). You are in for an extremely great time. Kudos to your wife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that 89 Canseco SLU! The packaging on that figure is about as clean as it gets

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet gift from your wife! while I'd love to make that trip one day, I don't think my back could handle the concrete. I'll spend my money one day on a Cooperstown trip since I can't afford both.

    ReplyDelete