Monday, January 14, 2019

First Video Post: Clearance 2017 Packs Series 1, Heritage and Mail



Once in a while I find a good pack of cards marked for clearance. Today I found a whole peg of marked down 2017 Series 1 and a couple Heritage Series 1 (which I thought were High Number until I went to open them). Apparently, I longed for the feeling of years past searching for Judge, Bregman, Bellinger and JaCoby Jones RC's. The last clearance pack I opened had a Judge Rainbow Foil RC so that definitely factored into me wasting $28 on packs today. I decided to run video while opening the packs and my mail for the day. Spoiler Alert: I do pull an auto! I do NOT pull Judge, Bellinger, Bregman, or Jones in any of the packs.








Here is a breakdown of my deal with user karsal on The Trading Card Database. This is our second or third deal on there. As I mention in the video it is a Canadian trade which I am trying to do less of since it cost me $16.00 to send the cards in the left column to Kari in Ontario. Hopefully the pics below are readable for anyone curious of what we swapped. Going forward I think I am going to post all my trades on TCDB like this. I think its interesting to see what each person values and what they are willing to give up.








Recent blogs from number gurus like Night Owl and Nachos Grande have inspired me to try to add a tracker on here that shows the number of card shows I attend in the year and the number of trades I complete on TCDB. I hope to attend at least one show a month and complete less quantity ($hipping) and more quality trades this year. So look for me to add some numbers to my page at some point. 

6 comments:

  1. Numbers are our friends!

    Ona more serious note, I've still never gone to the TCDB page. I'm wondering if I should - or if it'll be this giant black hole that I get sucked into with no escape given my love of trading cards and building sets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am probably going to do a post soon with tips for getting started on TCDB. You should definitely check it out! If it seems daunting my tips will help.

      Delete
  2. It felt a little rushed (I understand why though), but I liked the video mailday, hopefully you'll have the time to do more of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was a one shot trial. At any moment it could have been cut off.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on pulling an autograph in your final pack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never have done a trade on TCDB, but glad you have a great experience.

    ReplyDelete