Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Card Show #2 and Many, Many Trades

I was only able to hit the local card show for ten minutes while waiting for a prescription to be filled at the CVS across the street this week. Lack of funds and money (the usual) kept me from being able to pick up any good Tigerfest worthy stuff. The guy who always recognizes me and has great deals always deserves whatever cash I bring. I went right in to his table and spent my ten dollar bill quickly. Here are the cards I got for $1:


/250 Piece of his "N" I suppose.

He was blowing up when I was in college in his home town. 

I keep expecting Berrios to make the leap to superstar. Maybe this year.

I am a bigger fan of his deer hunting than ball playing. 

Great looking card. Enjoyed watching Cleaves in college.

Next are the cards I got for .50 cents:

These Clear Vision cards look amazing. Bruce Brown has been impressive. Hopefully these guys sign locally soon and aren't traded.


Then, I spent the rest of my dough on his dimeboxes:

I had to leave a lot of Cal, Nolan, and Rickey in the box. At 10 cents a piece it breaks my heart.

I am a big Flaherty, Haniger, and Soroka fan! Send those guys my way.

I don't care if I have 1000 '81 Fleer Fidrych cards I won't leave any behind. I was very surprised to see the coca cola cards in a dime box at a Detroit area show!

I don't think this includes everything but I can never make it halfway through one of this guy's dimeboxes before spending all my money. Someday when I hit the lottery I will be able to pick through all 5 boxes he usually has. I know, I know I could probably just buy the boxes but I would hope I would be more frugal than that. I might even start looking through 50 cent boxes if I was a millionaire. 😲

My USPS sucks still. I have been trying to make some trades and pick up some cheap ebay stuff to take to Tigerfest but the USPS always wants to fight me. Like this package that went to wrong town's post office before being sent to mine and trashed to hell somewhere in between. The ebay seller packaged okay but not great. Top loader and team bag are always needed but one piece of cardboard wouldn't have changed the price to ship and would have helped the package out a little.

Who the F*** writes damaged on it with nothing else?! Since when is that okay?!



Had a die cut Baez #10/10 and a Casey Mize card in it.





Found a single clearance pack of 2017 Topps Update at Walmart the other day and pulled one Judge RC. Always nice to have extras.


TRADING CARD DATABASE - WHY AREN'T YOU ON IT?



To complete a trade with a gentleman on TCDB I had to reach into my collection and give up a Gold David Ortiz. Today I got a random PWE from that guy with this note. Seems he found this card elsewhere and felt bad I gave it up so he sent it back. These are the honest, amazing traders on this site! Unbelievable. I don't know why people keep getting scammed on Twitter instead of uploading and swapping on TCDB. I know its getting old hearing about it on this blog but believe me I get no incentive for mentioning it. I just feel the more traders on the site the better it will be. While it may be more exciting to show the actual cards I get, I feel it is more interesting to see what was given up to receive those cards. So once in a while I am going to post a trade recap of some recent swaps.
Here is a look into my most recent trades completed on there:







This was a good sized trade. I got some good cards for Tigerfest and a sweet Joey Gallo RC.








I have uploaded enough basketball cards to get offers on those now too!







The secret may be out that the reason I go after minis is strictly to trade with this specific trader on here. One of my favorite trade partners.







I do a few small trades every now and then. Its a good way to break the ice with some members. This one was offered to me.






This trade gave me an extra Ronny Rodriguez for Tigerfest and my first Victor Alcantara card in return for some oddballs and older baseball. I was the one to propose this trade.

8 comments:

  1. Nice dollar deal on that Kevin Brown patch! I'm starting to get my baseball cards listed on TCDB and will be happy to swap cards with you when I'm finished cataloging. (My basketball collection is done) Very nice gesture by the trader who gave you back a gold Papi.

    Also I had set aside one of those A&G fishing cards for you..it arrived later than expected (thanks USPS) so I couldn't include it in your Secret Santa gift. Looks like you've got that set covered though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can always use more of the fish cards. I take them to pro fishing tournaments and collect autographs on them. Save them for our first TCDB deal!

      Delete
  2. Nice cards from the show. I think you definitely got you money's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool of the TCDB guy to send you back your Ortiz. I don't use the site... but that's because I don't have the desire to trade at the present time. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it every time I get a new Kevin Brown Dodger card because I have enough of them and, come on, it's Kevin Brown, and now I want that patch card so bad, what's wrong with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice story about the David Ortiz card. I'm on TCDB... maybe someday I'll upload more of my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, that's me! :D Who's got all the gold minis?

    ReplyDelete