Thursday, September 13, 2018

Topps Home Run Challenge Winners!


I am getting pretty good at this contest. If you didn't know; Topps has Home Run Challenge cards in most of its 2018 sets. They give you a code and a player, you have to decide what day he hits a homerun. If you are right you get a card numbered to however many winners there are for that player in that month. I am now 4-13 in the contest. Really 4-12 considering I put in Adam Duvall hours before he was traded so he did not play on the day I chose. I am 2-2 with Edwin Encarnacion which is kind of interesting. I have given my brother all the winning cards except the Machado since he decided he didn't have time to do the research to play the game. I told him I would do it and give him the winnings. Somehow I keep winning on his cards and losing on mine. Except Manny...


I still have a handful of these left to do. I think its super fun and kind of hope Topps keeps doing it but also want this to be the only year to increase the value of the cards. I have Mike Napoli who I am pretty sure fell of the face of the earth and Gary Sanchez who may not play again this year that will stay unscratched forever probably. I'm picking Jonathan Schoop to homer off of Chris Archer on the 14th. He owns him. Wish me luck. If anybody has any of the unscratched they want to trade me or want me to research and play for them let me know!


Proof of my record so far.
Also, here are some recent cards sent to me in trade on TCDB:




5 comments:

  1. Cool concept. Reminds me of the Crash The Game cards from the mid 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the contest aspect, but I wish it was more like the Crash the Game stuff from the past. It would be great to see date ranges and if they hit a homer during that time, everyone wins. I know that ruins the rarity, but would be more fun to chase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Napoli injured his knee in a minor league game early in the season - he may never play another MLB game again. Gary Sanchez is back however.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. Made this post a while ago and set it to a timer for posting. A Sanchez winner card would be amazing. I better start my research before the season is over.

      Delete
  4. I like the idea and wish I had tried it earlier in the year. Sounds like a unique promotion, at least for those of us who don't remember Crash The Game.

    ReplyDelete