Tuesday, September 18, 2018

2018 Chronicles of Chaos

Last year I was addicted to Panini Chronicles due to the plethora of JaCoby Jones cards in the set. I probably bought into 20 different breaks of different case amounts. I walked away with at least one example of every Jones card in the set. I do hold the most JJ on TCDB currently (my claim to cardboard fame).
This year I haven't bought into any Chronicles breaks because it boasts ONE Detroit Tiger card in the entire set. Topps leads by example shunning Tigers players in sets and apparently Panini is following. Anyway, I randomly bought a retail blaster out of curiosity and a need for trade bait. I was very pleasantly surprised and wonderfully confused by what I pulled. This year's Chronicles is CHAOS. I have not pulled more than 3 base cards in any blaster. There is throwbacks to old sets, variations on top of variations and only the most sought after players are featured. All the cards look great and appeal to my style I guess with the framing and bordering they chose in each insert set. If you can even call them insert sets. If someone would have told me about the layout of this set this year I would have thought I'd hate it. But, I love it. Don't ask me why. I apologize for the crappy scans, I need to clean the scanner. Here are some examples of the rookies I've pulled.

"Phoenix"

A throwback to Score

These "Status" cards look awesome in person.

"Limited"

"Prestige"

The foil on these Studio cards make them pop!

Optic for some reason.

Prizm 

"Select"

"Rookies & Stars"

"Crusade"

"Illusions"

Base. 3 of the 5 Base cards I own. They may be the hardest cards to pull. 

I believe these Revolution cards are retail only. 


Gleyber is /299 Hyper-Prizm or some shit. Hoskins is some kind of Holo-Prizm.

I bought the Anderson on Ebay for $3.50. A steal for a future league MVP!
All the non-Rookie cards I've pulled are available for trade on TCDB; pjdionne12 on there. Hit me up!

10 comments:

  1. I can live without most of these designs... but gotta admit... Crusade is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crusade is a classic. I'm glad its not brought back too often.

      Delete
  2. Wow Raffy Devers card explosion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The set is 99.9% rookies and only like 10 different guys are represented.

      Delete
  3. I kind of like the looks of the Revolution card set.
    "I do hold the most JJ on TCDB currently (my claim to cardboard fame)." This statement has me thinking I need to get on there and document my Vogelbach collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its fun to see the stats the site offers on your collection!

      Delete
  4. Chaos is a great word for this. Can you let me know if any of the Yanks are available for trade?

    ReplyDelete