Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Ebay is the Worst

Ebay Purchase

Ebay is an evil monster controlled by crooks but sometimes the best way to get cards you need for cheap. I signed up for Ebay Bucks which means I earn 1% based back on your purchases and sometimes they run specials for higher percentages. On this day I got 8% back, woohoo. Now, I have only started to gain these bucks and haven't tried to use them. The last time I should have earned Ebay money was last December when I sold like crazy to earn an Ebay gift card for $60. As soon as the deal was over I never heard anything about my gift card. Ebay wouldn't return my emails about it and when I finally did get someone on the phone about it they said the deal never existed even though I had screen shots of everything from the post on their page, messages from Ebay and my tally sheet on their site for how much I had earned. So I don't expect to actually ever be able to spend these Ebay Bucks but its a reason to buy cards I guess. I got all these cards for $1 or less each because the seller was running a deal and got about .58 in Ebay Bucks for it. This was a bit of a painful purchase as I had to buy the Allen and Ginter cards I wanted but never pulled and also I was in a Topps Chrome break last week and one Jumbo Hobby box for both Tigers and Angels gained me ONE single Justin Verlander base card for $13.67, ugh.
Sweet die cut Blastellanos.

Big Daddy.

He's signing this upcoming Saturday but $35 so I don't know if I will partake.

I need to find the signed version of this card.

Not a fan of Bunt.

I've opened pack after pack and had to buy this off ebay. What a shame but its mine.

2015 Verlander throwback.

This is the shiny-rainbowy version you just can't tell.

So cool. I need this in 5X7.

I typically avoid chrome but I really like the look of these inserts.

I hate minis but have to have these if I'm collecting these dudes.


Somehow I have to track down JJ with a silver sharpie.

 

 

Coming Up...

I have a lot of card shows coming up I am hitting. The Bassmaster Elite tournament on Lake St. Clair is next weekend I am going to try to get some autos there. Never been to any kind of pro weigh in so I don't even know what to expect. There are signings from Willie Horton, Golden Tate III, Dave Rozema, Frank Tanana, Ted Lindsay and I can finally score 3/4 of my '78 Rookies project with an Alan Trammell public signing next month!

1 comment: