Sunday, July 30, 2017

2017 Allen and Ginter & 2016 Heritage High Number Blaster Breaks


I still haven't even seen a spot where Bowman Platinum was supposed to be and I have looked at 3 Walmarts, 2 Meijers and 2 Targets. I really don't like the set but I would love to take advantage of the Judge freaks out there spending 1000X the price his cards will be two years from now. Anyway, I did find a clearance priced 2016 Heritage high number and a 2017 Allen and Ginter retail blaster box while grocery shopping today. I should have stayed in the frozen vegetable aisle as I did not get a numbered card of any kind in either box. No relics, no autos, but worse yet; no token chrome numbered heritage card. Here are the barely highlights:
Some decent Rookies from the Heritage. The Nat's card is cool too.
I am a big McCullers fan so that card will stay with me. The others will end up in trade piles. As for the Allen and Ginter:
An actual PC guy whoohoo! These two were in the same pack!

Cool throwback guys.

Couple good rooks.

Miggy

Benintendi card

I didn't know the rediscover topps were included in 'Ginter.

ATTENTION: I am collecting these fish cards from this years set so if anybody has any they don't need/want let me know!

Lastly, I have a quote from Oscar at All Trade Bait, All The Time: "Don't worry about how long it takes to put something together. I live too much by clocks in real life, so I try not to apply them in our hobby" This guy is a card guru. That really made a big impression on me. He's right, and it may be that I am a stay at home dad now after years of grinding so I need to have deadlines but Oscar is right. He may not have tried to be inspiring by just dropping a line in an email but damn it if that isn't hobby poetry. I need to relax and take a minute to enjoy collecting and trading.

1 comment:

  1. Oscar is a wise man. His regular greeting "Aloha" is more than a hello. It means compassion and kindness as well. We are so busy taking care of everyone else we often forget to be good to ourselves. good luck with the fishies! Im collecting What A Days. Nice-looking inserts!

    ReplyDelete