Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Sometimes, I Could Kiss My Mailman! Contest winnings, TCDB Trades, Topps Home Run Challenge Winner



What would you pick?!



I won a twitter contest from MLBPA forcing me to pick an auto card. Above you can see my options that were still available. I can't begin to tell you how difficult the decision was for me. I know, I know; you feel so sorry for my whiny ass. I chose Yelich on the basis of his MVP and future MVP award potential. Acuna autos are sweet but RC Acuna autos are the best plus, he's young and unproven. I PC Arenado and don't have an auto of his yet but he isn't really an MVP candidate and there are a handful of third basemen nowadays that are just like him so I should be able to afford one soon. So Yelich made his way to me BUT, BUT, BUT; not that easy. The package arrived as a wrapped and sealed bubble mailer. While looking at the package I noticed a smaller bubble wrap in the middle. I pulled it out and there was my card. WHAT?! They wrapped it in the bubble mailer and left it open on the ends. It could have fallen out at any point. The pictures above are of the still sealed bubble mailer. Unbelievable. I was luckier to get the card in hand than I was to be chosen as a winner. This stuff only happens to me.


Short mail day video:






Also in the file of "This shit only happens to me" I give you:

Purple variation Meadows glued into the packaging. 

Ebay seller sent me this Miggy RC loose in a ziploc. 

This trader found a good fitting thin cardboard for a pwe.


Yup, I'm gonna need this.

Some new stuff.



7 comments:

  1. Wow, the Yellich is cool! Congrats and glad it made it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning the MLBPA contest on Twitter! I'm glad it arrived ok. Congrats too on the other great pickups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a tease. Leaving those two Cubs autos for the end and then not saying a word about them! LOL

      *** I either need to learn to proofread my comments before hitting submit or Blogger needs and edit function. Oy.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! Anytime I see an autographed card of him, I think back to the days when you could buy them for under $5 on COMC. If we only knew then... what we know now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing that that contest package made it to you intact! Only you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice win and perhaps even nicer luck to have the package arrive safely/in tact. Impressive indeed.

    ReplyDelete