Sunday, February 24, 2019

Video Post #2: Post-Vacation Mail Day, TTM successes & trades

I am posting up another video post simply due to time constraints. It is easier to talk and flip through cards for 10 minutes than build a post with meaningful content and good looking pictures. Again, it may seem hurried but I have a volatile 4 year old that is always ready to blow. So time to myself is rare. I will post some pics after what hopefully is a working video or link to one here:



I was on vacation for 4 days so I came home to a decent pile of packages. 
I sent this request to Dusty Baker on 02/14/2017! It came back exactly 2 years later. A little worse for the wear but thats the TTM game. I am just glad the card stayed in somehow!

No idea what happened with the Isaiah Thomas return. He kept my card and signed the small index card note I put in and then folded it and sent it back to me. TTM autos are always interesting. 


I can see why people steal cards. I felt so frickin' cheated buying a $5.49 pack of 2017 Topps Update just to open them later and find EVERY CARD RUINED. What a complete waste of $6, especially when my hobby funds are so low. That is my one purchase of new cards for the month.

How am I able to send a PWE with 6 cards to Hawaii undamaged yet Topps can't sell me a sealed pack of cards that aren't dented or bent?!

4 comments:

  1. You're getting better with the videos. That was a lot of mail for just four days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The UD Masterpieces box toppers are awesome! I'd reach out to Topps and ask them about replacements... on at least the key rookies you pulled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those corners are brutal! Do you think it was searched? I've actually dropped an unopened pack and had the cards come out like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was just beat to hell by either the store employees or the card stocker. The pack hit something HARD multiple times to be so damaged. I wish the packaging showed the same wear or maybe just be clear on the corners so I know what I am buying.

      Delete